Saturday, February 26, 2011

Family HQ





Family HQ is done and ready to function!! Every portion of the bulletin board has an integral purpose to running the household efficiently. NO PAPER CLUTTER ALLOWED! Topped with coordinating happiness and a few ingenious ideas, I L-O-V-E it!

Let's look how it started for drama:



                                                           
    You can see how I recovered the bulletin board here.

Calendar



The calendar is a shiny piece of scrapbook paper drawn with Expo Vis a Vis wet erase markers. These are excellent markers! No smearing! 

Day by Day



Day by day is basically daily and weekly routines to help fine tune our schedule. These are currently handwritten because they may need tweaked as we go along, oh, and I'm out of printer ink...

Morning
  • Make bed
  • Brush teeth & hair
  • Get dressed 
  • EAT
After School
  • Snack time
  • Homework
  • Finish responsibilities
Bedtime
  • Lay out clothes
  • Bath time
  • Brush teeth
  • Tuck In
Sunday
  •  Plan week
Monday
  • Focus on goals
Tuesday
  • Clean day
Wednesday
  • Prepare to shop
  • Clean van
Thursday
  • Errands
  • Groceries
Friday
  • Business
Saturday
  • Family Day!!

Chore Chart

I have changed the headers of both charts to match the rest of the board. You can read about the system here.


Focus & List



Focus and List were created from the same shiny scrapbook paper and Vis a Vis markers. Focus is what we currently are working on. List is, well, a grocery list. They both can be updated as needed with a little baby wipe action!

Polish


Polish is my word for 2011.It's up for a reminder to stay on track! You can read about what it means to me here.


Headers on the board is all Cricut Alphalious cut roly poly shadow at 2 inches. Family HQ is cut regular at 6 inches. The swirls around polish is from Home Decor cartridge- it's a frame cut at 11 inches cut up to fit.


Thanks for reading!
Nicole




Visit thecsiproject.com

20 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole,
    What a pretty and efficient way to stay on track! I especially like the background of the bulletin board and the tip about the markers. I have three children in school and I am overwhelmed by the amount of paper that comes home. I would like to give this idea a try. BTW, thanks for stopping by my blog via Serenity Now. I appreciate your lovely comment! - Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! This is an organizing dream come true! :) Love all the neat categories and sections you have up. Great work!

    Thanks so much for sharing, and I hope you'll visit Serenity Now again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok girl you are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too organized for me. That is really neat...I love it. Thanks for joining my newbie party. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea!! I love lists!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I especially like the "Duties" vs "Chores". We get those confused sometimes. It's a matter of verbage and I can't wait to implement some changes. My kids thank you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great idea! I found you from Debbies newbie party, I am your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, THAT is impressive!! Love love love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I have a new linky party beginning on Thursday the 3rd, come over and link up your greatness. http://delightfulorder.blogspot.com/2011/02/delightfully-inspiring-thursday-linky.html
    DaNita

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so well done! I love organization too and this is a fabulous idea!

    I'm here from Debbiedoo's party and your newest follower. I'd love it if you'd come visit my new blog too.

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woahhh, this board is legit! So organized and cute. I love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this. I wish I had a place to put it. Might have to rethink the way I use some wall space in the office. Only problem is I won't see it all the time.... dilemma, dilemma.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a good idea. I like how organized it is and that everything has its place and purpose.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so amazing! I can't wait to make one of these some day!
    I loved it so much, I featured it on my blog today. Come check it out:
    http://justbeckause.blogspot.com/2011/03/blog-head-monday.html

    Happy Monday!
    <3Becky
    justbeckause.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea. I'm a new follower and I absolutely love your blog.

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there! I saw your feature at Judy's party and just had to come by and tell you how fantastic I think this is and how super organized you are! I'm a new follower and hope you will pop over and say hi when you get a chance...we have a great giveaway going on right now! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have featured your fabulous project on my blog party today. Please stop by and pick up your "I've been featured" button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great thinking - I featured u too!
    http://dressingroomsinteriors.blogspot.com/2011/03/home-for-bunny-family-hq.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice! Love all the details!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie last week! I can't wait to see what you have for this week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Family HQ is done and ready to function!! Every portion of the bulletin board has an integral purpose to running the household efficiently. NO PAPER CLUTTER ALLOWED! Topped with coordinating happiness and a few ingenious ideas, I L-O-V-E it!

    Let's look how it started for drama:

    ReplyDelete